American Alpine Club scheduled Board Meeting Dates
• Saturday, September 27, 2014 Golden, CO
• Friday, January 30, 2015 New York, NY (AAC Annual Dinner is January 31 in New York)
• Saturday, June 6, 2015
• Saturday, October 3, 2015
• Friday Winter 2016 Board Meeting, TBD
• Saturday, June 11, 2016
• Saturday, September 24, 2016
• Friday Winter 2017 Board Meeting, TBD
• Saturday, June 10, 2017
• Saturday, September 30, 2017
• Friday Winter 2018 Board Meeting, TBD
There are three board meetings each year. The winter board meeting is held in conjunction with our Annual Benefit Dinner. That meeting is held on a Friday to allow for other events and a less difficult schedule on the Saturday of the dinner itself. Generally there is nothing of significance on the Thursday before the board meeting so this is a great time to schedule face-to-face committee meetings. Friday night is generally a local, grass-roots gathering, Saturday is available for other events and meetings. On Sunday we go climbing.
At each board meeting that is not in conjunction with an annual benefit dinner, we generally adhere to the following schedule:
Friday evening there is an intimate dinner for the board and local donors; Saturday is the Board Meeting; Saturday evening we often host an open invitation membership party; and Sunday, we go climbing.