Find a Guide
The following guide services support The American Alpine Club through discounts for our members and participation in our Partners Program.
— Check out the bottom of the page for a description of AMGA Accreditation—
American Alpine Institute offers a 10% discount to AAC members on its flagship three-, six-, and twelve-day instructional courses in the Cascades. Founded in 1975, AAI specializes in skills courses, expeditions, and private guided climbs throughout the western U.S., Alaska, and all the great ranges of the world. Continuously accredited by the AMGA since 1987.
Exum Mountain Guides AAC members receive 10% off private one-day summer activities in Grand Teton National Park only. AAC member number must be provided when the reservation is made, and the AAC card must be presented to the office upon check-in or the discount cannot be offered! Offer does not apply to multi-day climbs, Grand Teton climbs (even when done in one day), or Family Climbing Days. Valid June 10 - September 10.
High Peaks Mountain Guides in Lake Placid, NY offers Club members a 10% discount on guided trips, discounted lodging at their Guides House, and a discount at their retail store. Lodging discounts vary by season.
Jackson Hole Mountain Guides is owned and operated by professionals who live and breathe the mountain life! Their philosophy is simple: enrich people's lives by providing exceptional service and unforgettable experiences. AAC Members receive a 10% discount for 1 climber and 15% discount on 2 or more climbers booking day climbs. Jackson Hole Mountain Guides is an AMGA Accredited Program.
Additionally, Current AAC members get 10% off Jackson Hole Mountain Guide’s autumn AMGA certification program with Single Pitch Instructor courses and exams offered in Boulder, CO by Jackson Hole Mountain Guides. Current AAC members take 10% off tuition. Call JHMG in Boulder 303.968.5816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Kingdom Adventures Mountain Guides is located in East Burke, Vermont and is owned/operated by an AMGA Certified Single Pitch Instructor. It offers the following discounts to AAC Members:
$25 discount off all SOLO WFA courses (does not include AHA CPR).
$25 discount off all AIARE Level I Avalanche courses.
The Climbing Life Guides specializes in client tailored rock climbing instruction and guided experiences in the Southern California area (Joshua Tree National Park) and a 10% discount for American Alpine Club members!
Visit their website to make a reservation: http://joshuatreeclimbinglifeguides.com. Call them for more information at: (760) 780-8868. Or shoot them an email at email@example.com
Mountain Madness- Since 1984 Mountain Madness has maintained the goal of providing the highest quality experience for beginner and advanced mountaineers and trekkers alike—for trekkers seeking the summit of Kilimanjaro to climbers aspiring to climb Mt. Everest. Join one of their international schools in Ecuador, Bolivia, France, or Mexico and receive 10% off when you sign-up with a friend. Mountain Madness is an AMGA Accredited Program.
Guide ServicesThe following guide services support The American Alpine Club through our Partners Program.
— Check out the bottom of the page for a description of AMGA Accreditation—
• For over 20 years, Alaska Mountain Guides and Climbing School (AMG) has been the premier outdoor adventure guide service and climbing school with guided trips in Alaska. Programs include, exceptional climbing, trekking, skiing, and sea kayaking adventures that visit some of Alaska’s and the Yukon’s most unique and intriguing places.
• Alaska Mountaineering School (AMS) promotes excellence in responsible mountaineering and wilderness travel by educating and guiding others. AMS relies on this Mission Statement for direction. Our core, taught or demonstrated in everything we do is a focus on safety followed by Leave No Trace, leadership, teamwork, skills, and enjoyment. AMS' progression and hands-on approach instills confidence based on knowledge. AMS graduates go on to do it on their own. We support a strong foundation that results in a lifetime of enjoyment. We've gone past 20 years of experience leading expeditions in Alaska and invite you contact us for more information
• Alpine Ascents International out of Seattle, WA is a leader in the mountain guiding industry and has been instrumental in setting precedent in the international guiding community. They offer the opportunity for climbers at all levels to achieve personal aspirations through quality, challenging, safe and fun expeditions. Alpine Ascents International is an AMGA Accredited Program.
• Alpine Skills International was established in 1979 by Bela G. Vadasz and Mimi Maki-Vadasz. We are America's original all-terrain backcountry ski mountaineering, avalanche education and climbing program based in the Sierra Nevada, visiting the greatest ranges of the world. With experiences among the highest mountains in over 15 different countries, ASI's instructors and AMGA and IFMGA certified guides are also among the best and most experienced outdoor educators in America. Owned/operated by an IFMGA/AMGA Certified Guide.
• Alpine World Ascents, with its AMGA/IFMGA trained/certified guides, offers a broad variety of instructional and guiding services for all levels: rock climbing, alpine mountaineering, ice climbing, ski/snowboard backcountry touring, via ferrata, canyoneering, hiking, trekking, peak bagging and expeditions, expedition training, wilderness navigation, self-rescue for climbers, glacier travel and crevasse rescue, and avalanche safety courses. Though they call Boulder, Colorado home, their work spans the globe: Europe, Canada, Central and South America, Himalayas, New Zealand, Africa to name a few, and of course, throughout the USA including Alaska. Owned and operated by an IFMGA/AMGA Certified Guide.
• Erratic Rock in Chile is THE climbers' resource in Puerto Natales, gateway to southern Patagonia. Apart from offering great deals on lodging and equipment to AAC members, the experienced staff is ready to help with travel and climbing beta, bookings, and expert guide services.
• Exum Mountain Guides offers rock climbing instruction and guided mountain climbing in Grand Teton National Park and in many adjacent climbing areas. They are the oldest guide service in North America and the most prestigious. Exum has guided the Grand Teton for 80 years. During that period individuals from age 8 to 80 have reached the summit after only two days of climbing instruction. Exum Mountain Guides is an AMGA Accredited Program.
• Fox Mountain Guides and Climbing School offers Rock Climbing and Ice Climbing trips tailoring to individuals, families, groups, beginners and climbing skills courses for experienced climbers seeking to expand their skills and knowledge. They also offer climbing Instructor training and certifications in North Carolina through the AMGA Climbing Wall Instructor, Single Pitch Instructor and Rock Instructor Programs. Fox Mountain Guides is the Southeast's only Climbing School to gain Accreditation from the American Mountain Guides Association. Fox mountain guides is an AMGA Accredited Program.
• High Peaks Mountain Guides in Lake Placid, NY offers Club members a 10% discount on guided trips, discounted loding at their Guides House, and a discount at their retail store. Lodging discounts vary by season.
• International Mountain Guides continues to be one of the most respected and active guiding companies in the world. Since 1986 they have conducted hundreds of expeditions to destinations around the globe. International Mountain Guides is and AMGA Accredited Program
• Jackson Hole Mountain Guides is owned and operated by professionals who live and breathe the mountain life! Their philosophy is simple: enrich people's lives by providing exceptional service and unforgettable experiences. JHMG is a partner of the American Alpine Club and Leave No Trace. Jackson Hole Mountain Guides is an AMGA Accredited Program.
• Mountain Madness has been around since 1984 and maintains the goal to provide the highest quality experience for beginner and advanced mountaineers and trekkers alike—for trekkers seeking the summit of Kilimanjaro to climbers aspiring to climb Mt. Everest. Join one of their international schools in Ecuador, Bolivia, France, or Mexico and receive 10% off when you sign up with a friend. Mountain Madness is an AMGA Accredited Program.
• Northeast Mountaineering Join professional mountain guides on a climb in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Northeast Mountaineering offers 25% off guide fees for AAC members.
• San Juan Mountain Guides is the only year-round guide service in Ouray, Colorado (aka: The Local Experts). They offer personalized, professional instruction and guiding in Ice climbing, Rock climbing, Backcountry Skiing and Avalanche Training, Alpine Mountaineering, and International Expeditions. Owned operated by an IFMGA/AMGA Certified Guide.
• Southwest Adventure Guides (formerly Southwest Adventures) has been conducting domestic and international trips and courses since 1989. Southwest Adventure Guides is an AMGA Accredited Program.
• Total Climbing runs Colorado’s largest guide service (Colorado Mountain School) and indoor climbing gym (Boulder Rock Club) and holds the exclusive permit to provide technical climbing services in Rocky Mountain National Park. They offer indoor and outdoor courses and climbs, avalanche education, backcountry skiing and international expeditions. The organization has been highly supportive of the AAC's mission and events through the years. The Colorado Mountain School is an AMGA Accredited Program
• Vertical Medicine Resources is a medical guiding and consulting team dedicated to provide equipment, training, and support for clients in vertical and mountainous terrain. They offer a 25% discount to all AAC members for our individual training (WFR, WFA, CFA etc) and a $5.00 discount on their signature Vertical Aid Kit. Visit their website to sign up for training or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is AMGA Accreditation?
The purpose of the AMGA Accreditation is to increase the professionalism of mountain guiding and climbing instruction in the United States by functioning as a tool for institutional self-evaluation and development. It is a voluntary means of quality assurance and external review that examines such things as busines practices, compliance with state, federal and local regulations, staff training and professional development, resource stewardship, and adherence to current industry standards. This credential represents a commitment to excellence through exemplary operating standards and an adherence to the highest ethical standards of this profession. AMGA Accredited Programs represent many of the nations most recognized and respected guide services, climbing schools,
and educational insitutions.
Access to these discounts are only available to AAC members. Join or Renew today!