How Do I Login?
Already a member? Your username is your on-file email address, and your password was sent to that account at time of joining.
Searching for Another Member?
Once your'e logged in, click the "Member Search" link in the "Community" tab in the navigation bar. Once on the Member Search page, you can type in a postal code, city, state, country, first name, last name, email, or climbing area and any members matching those search terms will come up.
How Do I Login To or Use the AAC Library BookSearch?
As of April 24th, 2011, the AAC launched our new website. The member database is now synced with the library catalog. If you are having difficulty logging in, please login at the AAC Website and re-enter or change your password. This should re-set the login and password in the library catalog. We appreciate your patience while we fine tune the process. Please email or call us at (303) 384-0112 if you need further assistance.
What Can I Do While Logged In to BookSearch? Take a look at the image at left. Once logged in, use those buttons to:
• Check out guidebooks and have them mailed to you.
• Create private or public lists and share them by email.
• Leave comments about a book—start a conversation!
• Tag boks to make them easier for everyone to find.
• Or send the Library purchase recommendations about books we should add to the collection.
How do I take advantage of member discounts?
Members can take advantage of a number of discounted products and services. Make sure you're logged in:
• Gear and book discounts are utilized via special, members-only codes.
• Discounts on Climbing Gym memberships are negotiated separately with each gym. Call or email the gym in your area. Take a look at the Climbing Gym Partners page.
• Discounted Magazine Subscriptions from Alpinist, Rock & Ice, and Climbing can be set up when you join or renew, or at any time by contacting The AAC offices at email@example.com or calling (303) 384-0110.
Having Problems Loggin In Using Internet Explorer?
1) Click "Tools" in the top menu
2) Click "Internet Options"
3) Click on the "Security" Tab and then click "Trusted Sites"
4) Click "Sites"
- Uncheck "Require Server Verification"
- Click OK when finished
5) Click the "Privacy" Tab
- Click "Sites"
- Add (americanalpineclub.org) and click "Allow" then "OK".
6) Click "OK" to exit Internet Tools.
7) Refresh their screen.
8) Presto! it works (hopefully)
Having Problems Joining?
There are a few different types of membership. The Junior and Senior membership types are determined by age. When you begin the registration process, the site will ask you your birthday. Using the provided calendar, please enter the year, then the month, then the day. The site will then determine if you are eligible for either the Junior or Senior membership types. If you have further questions, please Contact The AAC for more information.
Only AAC Members may log in to get $10,000 in Global Rescue Insurance and Services, Exclusive Deals on Insurance, guidebooks mailed to you—free—from the extensive AAC Library, and the rest of the great AAC Member Benefits.
Contact The AAC for more information.
Swiss Air Zermatt Helicopters partner with Nepalese Fishtail Air for training on Manaslu. [Photo] Nepal Mountain Rescue
Internet Savvy? Read this entire page? Check out the AAC Promo Code.