—American Alpine Club Seeks Climbers to join the 2013 International Climbers’ Meet—
The American Alpine Club is hosting its annual International Climbers’ Meet (ICM). We would like to extend an invitation to participate in this annual event to be held the week of Oct 7 - October 12, 2013 in Yosemite Valley. Participants must have some climbing experience but all abilities are welcome to apply.The goal is to host a diverse group of climbing abilities from a multitude of countries. American Alpine Club members from the USA will be participating again this year. Read about the 2012 International Climbers' Meet.
The fee for INTERNATIONAL participants is $450 USD per person.
The fee for USA particiapnts is $485 USD per person.
Participants provide their own transportation to Sacramento, California airport. Your fee includes:
- Pick up Sacramento airport October 6 by 6:00 PM local time, drop off at Sacramento airport October 13 by 11:00 AM local time.
- Transportation in Yosemite Valley
- Six nights and days camping at secluded Yellow Pines camp ground
- Three catered meals per day
- Five days of climbing in spectacular Yosemite Valley
- One day of a stewardship project for Yosemite Valley National Park
- Nightly campfire for storytelling, socializing, and general carousing
- Partner with other participants or experienced host climbers
Last year's meet was a rousing success. Participants enjoyed climbing everything from all day long routes to challenging short climbs. We hosted climbers of all abilities from more than eight different countries. Accounts of the day’s adventures were shared every evening over dinner, beers, and the glowing campfire. Come join the fun in the premier American climbing area of Yosemite Valley.
—Deadline for Internatinal applications is June 30—
Submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
—Alpine Club of Canada Member Mike Grainger wrote us after his attendance of the 2011 ICM, saying, "If I have the opportunity to participate in another International Climber’s Meet, at Yosemite or elsewhere (Smith Rocks, Joshua Tree) I’ll be there in a heartbeat..." Read his letter.—
—Chekc out Climbing Magazine Blog written by participant Julie Ellison: Imagine being in a stunningly beautiful and ultra-classic climbing area at the most perfect time of year, camping in a secluded campground, climbing four-star routes with 50 of the most rad people you’ll ever meet from across the globe," Read her extensive trip report Climbing Magazine's Blog.—