Board Meeting Dates
American Alpine Club scheduled Board Meeting Dates
• Saturday, June 6, 2015 Golden, CO
• Saturday, October 3, 2015, Golden, CO
• Friday Winter 2016 Board Meeting, February 26, 2015, Washington D.C.
• Saturday, June 11, 2016 Golden, CO
• Saturday, September 24, 2016 New Paltz / Gunks
• Friday Winter 2017 Board Meeting, TBD
• Saturday, June 10, 2017 Golden, CO
• Saturday, September 30, 2017 New River Gorge
• Friday Winter 2018 Board Meeting, TBD
There are three board meetings each year. The winter board meeting is held in conjunction with our Annual Benefit Dinner. That meeting is held on a Friday to allow for other events and a less difficult schedule on the Saturday of the dinner itself. Generally there is nothing of significance on the Thursday before the board meeting so this is a great time to schedule face-to-face committee meetings. Friday night is generally a local, grass-roots gathering, Saturday is available for other events and meetings. On Sunday we go climbing.
At each board meeting that is not in conjunction with an annual benefit dinner, we generally adhere to the following schedule:
Friday evening there is an intimate dinner for the board and local donors; Saturday is the Board Meeting; Saturday evening we often host an open invitation membership party; and Sunday, we go climbing.