EXCELLENCE IN CLIMBING AWARDS DINNER
Mark your Calendar!
Excellence in Climbing Awards Dinner is coming back to Denver, CO on June 3, 2017.
May 7th has come and gone, and what a day it was!
The room was full for the AAC’s first ever Excellence in Climbing Awards Dinner at the History Colorado Center in Denver. The night, presented by Adidas Outdoor, celebrated the inspirational 2016 Hall of Mountaineering Excellence inductees, the Alpina Cutting Edge awardees, raised critical funds for AAC programs and institutions, and was capped off with a lively 80’s themed after party.
We were honored and humbled to have hosted this event, bringing the community together to eat, drink, and support the preservation of climbing history.
Thanks to our generous donors and supporters $75,000 (gross) was raised to support the Bradford Washburn American Mountaineering Museum and American Alpine Club Library.
We hope to see you next year!
True Heroes of Climbing
"The word hero gets thrown around a lot in climbing. But as impressive as summiting K2 or bouldering V15 might be, the genuine heroes of climbing are those whose achievements help make the world a better place..."
Women Are On The Rise In The Climbing World
"It was a giant stepping stone,” said Libby Sauter, the award recipient and also the keynote speaker of the night. Sauter is the youngest climber to be added to the Hall, and only one of five women in its history, since the club’s birth more than a century ago..."
Alpina Cutting Edge Award
On behalf of Alpina Watches and the American Alpine Club, Hayden Kennedy and Kyle Dempster have been selected to receive the first annual Alpina AAC Cutting Edge Award for their outstanding 2012 accomplishment in establishing two new routes in Pakistan's Karakoram, the east face of K7 and the south face of Ogre I.
The Alpina AAC Cutting Edge Award will be presented each year to one climbing team who, with the aid of an AAC climbing grant, demonstrates excellency in skills and accomplishment in cutting edge climbing objectives and who upholds the values of the American Alpine Club, acting as world-class ambassadors to American climbing both domestically and abroad.
- Individual: $175
- Includes cocktail reception, dinner, and after party.
- Couple: $320
- Includes cocktail reception, dinner, and after party for 2.
- Patron: $500
- Includes 1 VIP ticket with premiere placement, 1 download of Tom Frost documentary, and 1 ticket into VIP Gathering at American Mountaineering Museum on 5/6/16.
- Table: $2,500
- Includes Table for 10 with premiere placement, 2 downloads of Tom Frost documentary, and 2 tickets into VIP Gathering at American Mountaineering Museum on 5/6/16.
- VIP Table: $5,000
- Includes Table for 10 with premiere placement, 10 downloads of Tom Frost documentary, and 10 tickets into VIP Gathering at American Mountaineering Museum on 5/6/16.
- After Party Only: $25
- Includes access to 80's themed after party featuring live music, libations, and gear giveaway.
History Colorado Center
Denver, CO 80203