Chapter Chair Job Description
Chapter Chairs are volunteer leaders that organize the AAC on the most local, granular level. These individuals are the core of climbing community in their specific communities, delivering AAC programming at a grassroots level.
Chapters Purpose statement
AAC Chapters are organized groups of members with common interests. Simply a location with member density is a very common chapter driver, but chapters can also be created around other interests including preferred climbing discipline, age, gender, or even experience. The purpose of an AAC Chapter is to better serve members based on what is most important to them. A successful chapter has a critical mass of members served by volunteer leadership.
A successful AAC Chapter will deliver the following benefits to members:
Empowerment and Independence
Empower members and provide them the support and flexibility to undertake initiatives that enhance their local AAC experience.
- Organizational Foundation
- Establish a basic organizational foundation from which members may pursue activities focused on their local interests and priorities.
Resources and Processes
Provide the resources and guidance to members to deliver local events, develop innovative programs, and advocate for policies on issues such as access, regulation, and conservation that are relevant and important to their local community and consistent with AAC mission and guidelines.
Enhanced Member Integration and Service
Accelerate and enhance the integration of members into their local and the national AAC communities through by means of more active and engaging chapter communities.
aAC Chapter communities
Chapters are the AAC's touch point with members and local climbing communities. Often times the community dictates what is most important for the chapter to provide. Chapters are engaged in a wide variety of community activities, including:
- Educational Clinics
- Best Practices Rappelling
- Gym to Crag Clinics
- Anchor Cleaning Best Practices
- Universal Belay Method Instruction
- Countless local stewardship events across the country
- Partnering with Access Fund affiliate Local Climbing Organizations for Adopt a Crag events
- Fundraising for local conservation efforts
- Send and Social
- Alpine Pint Night
- AAC Speaker Series
- Ueli Steck Tour
- Chapter Meetings
- Film Tours - Reel Rock, Adventure Film Fest, 5Point Film Fest, Banff Film Fest
Interested in starting an AAC Chapter in your community?