International Climbers' Meet
Come join us for an unforgettable experience at The American Alpine Club International Climbers Meet.
The American Alpine Club is hosting the 11th annual International Climbers Meet (ICM), October 7-14, 2018 in Yosemite Valley. This year we will have three days of education programming, host climbers available for guidance, and as always, an international cast of characters that will be crushing Yosemite.
Experience with placement and removal of protection, multi-pitch rope management, at least two years of technical rock climbing, and the ability to follow sustained 5.8 granite is mandatory.
U.S.A. participants must be members of the American Alpine Club.
The event includes:
- Seven nights and six days of camping at secluded Yellow Pines campground
- Three gourmet meals per day from Sierra Gourmet catering
- Six days of climbing in spectacular Yosemite Valley
- Three optional instructional days hosted by AMGA certified guides and instructors
- Pre dinner mini-clinics on a range of technical topics
- Nightly campfire for storytelling, socializing, and general carousing
- Partnering with other participants or experienced host climbers
Early Bird fee until July 31th is $495 USD per person.
Beginning Aug 1 the fee will be $545 USD per person.
International applications will be reviewed by May 21st and notice will be given of your acceptance on that date.
USA and Canadian applications will be reviewed by June 18th and notice will be given of your acceptance on that date.
Application Acceptance Policy: Once your application is accepted you will be charged a $50 non refundable fee to hold your place in the event. This $50 will go towards your total fee.
Cancellation Policy: One half of fee will be returned until Sept 4th. No fee refund after Sept 4th.
Participants provide their own transportation to Yosemite Valley, California. A full roster will be sent to participants for coordinating ride sharing.
BEYOND THE INITIAL ACCEPTANCE DATES; WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UP UNTIL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT STARTS ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
If the event is full we will have a waiting list.
CHECK OUT THE EDUCATION PROGRAM:
- Three full days of instructional programming and five evening clinics.
- All educational programming will be taught by professional AMGA certified guides and instructors.
- ICM participants will receive the most current, accurate, and engaging content available.
ICM OPPORTUNITY GRANT
The American Alpine Club, supported by the generosity of a Club member, is excited to be offering the International Climbers' Meet Opportunity Grant for the second year in a row. In being consistent with the wishes of the donor, we are offering this grant to two Native American participants. The grant does not include transportation.
Find out more and apply here:
Questions ? Contact : [email protected]