International Climbers' Meet
Come join us for an unforgettable experience at The American Alpine Club International Climbers Meet
The American Alpine Club is Now taking Applications for the 2017 International Climbers’ Meet to be held in Yosemite Valley
The American Alpine Club is hosting its 10th annual International Climbers’ Meet (ICM), October 8-14, 2017 in Yosemite Valley. This year we will have three days of education programming, host climbers available for guidance, and as always, an international cast of characters that will be crushing Yosemite.
Experience with placement and removal of protection, multi-pitch rope management, at least two years of technical rock climbing, and the ability to follow sustained 5.8 granite is mandatory.
U.S.A. participants must be members of the American Alpine Club.
The event includes:
- Seven nights and six days of camping at secluded Yellow Pines campground
- Three gourmet meals per day from Sierra Gourmet catering
- Six days of climbing in spectacular Yosemite Valley
- Three optional instructional days hosted by AMCA certified guides and instructors
- Pre dinner mini-clinics on a range of technical topics
- Nightly campfire for storytelling, socializing, and general carousing
- Partnering with other participants or experienced host climbers
Early Bird fee until July 31th is $475 USD per person.
Beginning Aug 1 the fee will be $525 USD per person.
Cancellation Policy: One half of fee will be returned until Sept 4th. No fee refund after Sept 4th
International applications will be reviewed by May 31th and notice will be given of your acceptance on that date.
USA applications will be reviewed by June 18th and notice will be given of your acceptance on that date.
Participants provide their own transportation to Yosemite Valley, California. A full roster will be sent to participants for coordinating ride sharing.
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UP UNTIL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT STARTS ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS UNTIL THE EVENT IS FULL.
NEW THIS YEAR:
- Three full days of instructional programming and five evening clinics.
- All educational programming will be taught by professional AMGA certified guides and instructors.
- ICM participants will receive the most current, accurate, and engaging content available.
Questions ? Contact : [email protected]