Dear AAC members,
We have a great opportunity that we would like to offer to you! As you may have heard, our friends at REI are closing again on Black Friday to #OptOutside and we are joining them and our friends at Camber Outdoors—a nonprofit looking to bring more diversity into the outdoor industry and to the outdoors. The intention is to encourage our friends and networks to join us by opting out of shopping and opting into getting outside.
We are giving out a small number of grants on behalf of REI and Camber Outdoors between $50 - $250 to support your outdoor adventures on Black Friday.
If you are interested, please fill out this brief application by November 6.
- Must be a Camber Outdoors Community Member (don't worry, it's free) and encourage all your friends to join. Events or outings on November 25, 2016
- Application dates: October 31 - November 6; Notified by November 10
- Event date: November 25, 2016
- All grant recipients required to sign the terms agreement.
- We will select applications in which at least least 50% of the group participants are women. Preference given to women-led activities
- Any size group is acceptable
- Preference will be given to events that h
- ave a wide audience reach
- There are no restrictions on what outdoor activity you choose.
- Use the funds to enable your friends, colleagues, community to celebrate, participate, activate in an outdoor activity on November 25, 2016
- Funds may be used to directly support the activity
- Applicants will need to provide a high - level budget in application
- Funds will be distributed via check once you are accepted
- Please keep the details of the grant confidential.
Social Media Promotion:
- Must utilize and promote the #OptOutside hashtag and “Will you go out with me?” campaign call-to-action in all of your social channels between October 31 and November 25, 2016 only
- Read through social media toolkit and use to assist with promotional content (we will share with winners)
- Include "#[email protected] [email protected] CamberOutdoors” on all social media posts
- Keep Camber Outdoors updated on your great stories or activation plans.
After the event:
- Provide an estimated number of individuals that Opted Outside through their micro-grant to Camber Outdoors no later than December 5, 2016
- Submit recap of participation highlights to Camber Outdoors no later than December 5, 2016.