As a climber, finding a half-decent insurance package can be a real challenge. Apparently, the insurance industry has decided that only deranged lunatics climb. Since we all deserve insurance for ourselves and our families, the AAC has partnered with some incredible companies to provide insurance packages that are actually designed for climbers. Nicholas Hill Benefit Group and Adventure Advocates have made health insurance, accident insurance, trip insurance, and life insurance affordable for all of us.
In our ongoing effort to protect our members' health and welfare, we are excited to announce that we have secured the following voluntary benefits that are immediately available to all current and renewing American Alpine Club members:
- Major Medical/Health Insurance Program* provides AAC members and their families with major medical insurance quotes from a number of highly rated insurance companies. This program offers coverage through preferred provider organizations (PPO’s), Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), family PPO and HSA Plans, Short-Term Plans and Student Coverage.
- Accident Insurance Benefit* Starting at only $18 a month, you can get coverage for all accidents no matter how they occur. This includes climbing, skiing, snowboarding, or any other sport that you enjoy. In fact, it covers any kind of accident 24/7 worldwide whether you’re on the job or just enjoying yourself. If you’re not a skier or snowboarder, plans start at $15 a month. This plan is a perfect supplement to any health insurance policy and is critically important to those of us without health insurance. Click here to learn more. In addition, members enjoy access to Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Air Evacuation/Repatriation, Emergency Helicopter Rescue, Roadside Assistance, and more.
- Climbing Friendly Travel Insurance Plan * We are pleased to provide AAC members with access to a comprehensive travel insurance designed for the Adventure Traveler! This plan includes coverage for trip interruption, trip cancellation, lost, stolen or damaged sports equipment, pre-paid, non-refundable permit/license fee costs, medical expenses and much more. Click here for your Adventure Travel Protection Plan insurance quote. This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania insurance company, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10038. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. NAIC No. 19445. Coverage may not be available in all states.
- Climbing Friendly Life Insurance* We have partnered with the Nicholas Hill Benefit Group to assist members in their search for climbing friendly life insurance products. Through Nicholas Hill, you can submit your initial life insurance application for up to Five Million Dollars of coverage in as little as five minutes. Also available: simplified issue accident-only life insurance plans.
We realize that climbing mountains will always include a certain amount of risk. Therefore, one of our top priorities is providing more access to affordable insurance products for our members. We are excited about extending the above outlined benefits to American Alpine Club Members and their families.
* Not all of these plans are available in every state. Please ask the plan administrator about plan availability in your area. The Health/Major Medical, Life Insurance and other benefit services are provided as a “service” performed by licensed agents with the Nicholas Hill Benefit Group, Inc. (NHBG). Plans are subject to full underwriting and may potentially exclude or decline to offer coverage based on pre-existing health conditions, occupations, avocations (including climbing/mountaineering), etc. NHBG is committed to assist in locating and selecting the most beneficial insurance policy for AAC members. NHBG works with dedicated teams of underwriters with various insurance companies and are experienced in securing coverage for clients engaged in sports and activities that are often considered “higher risk,” such as climbing/mountaineering. If insurance coverage is attainable, NHBG is dedicated to finding and securing the protection you are searching for. Contact NHBG today for your no obligation rate quote.
Your membership supports The Club in negotiating ever better deals on services you want.
Only AAC Members get $10,000 in Global Rescue Insurance and Services, discounts on all kinds of books and gear, guidebooks mailed to you—free—from the extensive AAC Library, and the rest of the great AAC Member Benefits.
Contact The AAC for more information.