The Snowbird Hut is beautifully situated in the Talkeetna Mountains on the northern edge of the Snowbird Glacier. The GPS coordinates are: 61 degrees 51.506 North by 149 degrees 12.113 West. View a USGS map of the hut location.
Accessible from Archangel Valley near Hatcher’s Pass, the hut is a year round destination for backcountry skiers, climbers and adventurous hikers. The hut is open to the public at no cost. This hut is managed on an open basis and cannot be reserved in advance. There is no fee required to use this hut. This hut does not support commercial operations.
- The classic Talkeetna Hut-to-Hut Traverse with the MCA’s Mint and Bomber Huts.
- Alpine peak bagging (Higher Spire, Lower Spire).
- Multi-pitch rock routes on granite (Because it’s There Wall and Independence Buttress—check out the area map).
- Backcountry skiing and touring.
- Hiking, alpine scrambling and backpacking.
- Incredible views and areas to explore and experience.
Stay updated—follow the Snowbird Hut on Facebook!