Search and order more than 20,000 books and vides from the AAC library!
How To Log In to the Library Catalog
Go to booksearch.americanalpineclub.org
Go to Log in to your account either on the left side or in the top right corner
Use the email address and password associated with your AAC profile.
If you are having trouble, give us a call at the library at 303-384-0112 or email us.
Problems Logging In?
We have a database syncing problem made worse by a firewall. The only way to fix this is for us to change your password on our end (from the library’s IP address). That will force the member database to sync with the library’s database. Give us a call at the library at 303-384-0112 or email us.
Now that you're logged in here's how to request a book:
- Search by keyword, title, author or whatever you’re looking for.
- When you find something you want, look at “Availability” to see if it’s on the shelf.
- If it says "Items available for reference," that means it does not circulate. We have a large collection of books that cannot leave the library.
- Okay, so you found a book that’s available. Now click "Get It Now!"
- That will bring you to another page to confirm your hold. Click "Place hold." *If placing a hold for books needed for a trip, be sure to set an expiration date on the hold so the book doesn't arrive while you're out of town or after your trip. The library ships packages using media mail which takes 6-10 days, so plan ahead when reserving books to be sure you receive them by the time you need them.
- You are done now. We will get the request and mail your books to you. Make sure your mailing address is current. If you live in the Denver-metro area and want to pick it up at the library, please let us know ASAP so we don’t mail it to you.